The worst part about flame working is waiting for the beads to be annealed in the kiln!!!
So while I wait on those to make some new jewelry pieces I thought I’d show you some things I have made for swaps.
This wall hanging was done for an Embroidery Quilt Swap on the Quilting Bloggers website.
I hadn’t done embroidery in years, so this took me a while, but once I got the embroidery done and started working on the borders, quilting and embellishing….I could not stop adding things.
I sure hope my partner likes it. I would have shown this to you last week, but I forgot that this was a secret swap. Plus my partner doesn’t have a blog or a flickr account so I doubt she will see it. I had no idea what direction to go in since I couldn’t snoop around her blog or look at her favorites on flickr.
I also had to finish some African Flower blocks for a Raverly Swap I am in. Each month I make 5 of these and send them off to the people who’s month it is. When my month comes around I will receive about 50 of these (I showed you my first one last week) to make something with. I won’t be able to decide what I will make until I have all my flowers!
I also had to show you my new garden friend! This mama frog has decided to hang out by my orchids.
I wanted to re-pot some of the orchids yesterday, but did not want to risk this jumping on me. I had already disturbed her but thankfully she sat right there….through the photo shoot and all!